Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ever changing

I don't forget that I have this blog. As a matter of fact, I remember it everytime I'm on facebook and I think to myself... "I need to blog" but yet here I am and it's been so long since my last entry. My new job is going well and I've been there a little over a month now. I am already training others. Don't know if that's truly the safe thing for me to be doing but I guess someone must have faith in me. Joey and the girls are doing really well and Annabelle will start Kindergarten in 1 week!! I can't believe it really. So many emotions I feel about that but I can't pin point not one. She is going to do great and I know she will love it. I just don't have babies anymore. Joey was able to arrange his work schedule so he is picking her up at 3 everyday and staying home with her until I get off then he goes back in to work about 3 days out of the week until about 9 pm. We started that schedule this week and I'm not sure I'm liking it much but it has to be done. It will save us money by not having to pay for afterschool care anyway. Today is my best friend Amanda's birthday! We have been friends since the 9th grade. She lives in LA so I don't see her often and I sure do miss her. I find myself missing all of my friends. All of my close friends live a good distance from me so me having "girl time" is pretty much non existent. Church is going really good. I say that because.... well I must be perfectly honest, I was a little worried when I heard that the pastor search committee had voted in a 70 year old pastor. I new him, I had heard him preach before, I liked him... but I had my doubts about him being a good "fit" for our church and our church's needs at this time. I wanted someone that could attract a younger crowd. We needed younger families in our church. I wanted someone that could keep me captivated and draw the crowds. In other words, I was playing God. Lord forgive me. Joey was on the committee and he tried to reassure me that God had led them in this direction and that it was meant to be. I just wasn't so sure. It's been a little over 3 months now since Wallace joined us and I love him. I haven't gotten to really sit and talk with him much but I love him. I see his sincerity, his love for Christ, his love for his calling, and our church. His messages keep me focused and I feel a constant move towards the calling of Christ for our church body. In just these few months, we have had new members join and when I look out at our church body I can see new faces and growth. God has really made me realize that what I want isn't necessarily what is needed and what I doubt, He believes. I am excited to see where our church goes in the next months and years! I see that excitement in everyone's eyes now and it's truly a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment